SaaS is usually sold as a combination of multiple Products together. That's what we call an Offering.
|Product||Product Type||Quantity||Billing frequency|
- Name - This is the external name of the Offering
- Description - This is the external description of the Offering
- Status - This indicates the current status of the Offering. It has 2 values:
- Active - By default, this is the current value of Status. This means that the Offering is "current" and can be used by any sales channel
- Inactive - Offering cannot be used across any sales channel. Note that if an Offering is referred to in a Quote that has not yet been Processed, ....
- Start Date - This is the date on which you want the Offering to be available across any sales channel. It is used to manage the life-cycle of the Offering in conjunction with the Status property.
- End Date - This is the last date on which you want the Offering to be available across any sales channel. It is used to manage the life-cycle of the Offering in conjunction with the Status property.
- Type -- Offering can be one of three types
- Subscription - This Offering type can contain Products of only following types - Subscription, Usage and One-time
- One-Time - This Offering type can contain Products that are of type One-time only
- Minimum Commit - This Offering type can contain Products that are of type Minimum Commit only
- Products - List of all the Products that are part of this Offering. There is no limit on the number of Products though practically speaking you want to limit the number of products to allow ease of Quoting for your reps.
- Rates - This is the most fundamental and powerful property of an Offering that defines the Pricing for the Offering. Each Offering can have multiple Rates configured based on the sales channel, currency or subscription frequency.
It is not necessary for the end customer to buy every Product in the Offering i.e., if a Product is optional, you can configure the starting quantity as 0 and if a Product is required, you can configure the starting quantity as 1.
Updated about 2 months ago