I don't see an invoice? When does an invoice generate?
Invoice generation is determined by a couple inputs such as the status of the contract, billing group, invoice configuration, period of the contract. That said, we have a simple flow to understand when an invoice should be generated.
- Is invoicing set to manual in settings? If so, next invoice must be generated manually from the Account Overview page.
- Else, is the billing group cancelled or invoicing for this billing group set to manual? If so, billing group must be set to Active and the next invoice must be generated manually from the Account Overview page.
- Else, are there any arrears billing or usage products on the contract? If so, the first invoice will not be automatically generated on contract generation. Invoicing will be sent out nightly as dictated by the billing scheduled. This is done to prevent accidentally invoicing before usage is added to an invoice.
- Else, the first invoice will be generated immediately on contract generation and subsequent invoicing will be sent out nightly as dictated by the billing scheduled.
I realize the contract is incorrect and we invoiced the wrong amount. How do we handle this?
Everything is ok! Fixing this is a simple 3-step process.
- Amend the contract to fix any quantities or pricing.
- Review the newly generated invoice to check if the amounts are as desired.
- Credit the remainder of the old invoice.
See the video below for an example where we accidentally charged $20/mo but should have charged $10/mo.
Updated 26 days ago